Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and that it is, therefore, the final authority in matters of faith and practice.
Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:20, 21.
2. We believe that God exists eternally and that He manifests Himself in three Persons – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
Matt. 28:19, 20; Deut. 6:4; John 15:26.
3. We believe in God the Father; an infinite personal spirit; perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; who concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit; who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgement; who regenerates, sanctifies and empowers all who believe in Jesus Christ by dwelling within each individual.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin; that He is truly God and truly Man.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, after being buried following His crucifixion on the cross at Calvary, rose bodily from the dead, that He is the Saviour; the only Saviour through whom fallen man can find forgiveness and salvation.
John 1:29; I Pet. 2:24.
7. We believe that the forgiveness and salvation made possible by the vicarious death of Jesus Christ on the cross comes to man through personal faith in the crucified Lord Jesus Christ, and that salvation is by His grace.
8. We believe that Jesus Christ Himself will come again to this world to rule and reign in righteousness; that His second coming is imminent; that it will be literal, personal, visual and sudden.
John 14:1-6; Acts 1:11.
9. We believe in the Church – a living, spiritual body of which Christ is the Head; of which all regenerated people are members. Our Church is a body of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized by immersion on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, work, fellowship and discipleship.
Eph. 1:22; Col. 1:9-18; Acts 8:34-39; Acts 2:43-47; Matt. 28:19-20.
10. We believe in the time-honoured and well-established principle of separation of the Church and state, each having different functions fulfilling its duties free from the dictates or patronage of the other.
11. We believe in the Congregational form of Church government, independent as a Church, yet interdependent within an associational fellowship of other Baptist Churches.
12. We believe in the priesthood of all believers – the right of every person to approach God directly without another person as a mediator – and so speak daily with the Lord.
1 Pet. 2:9; Heb. 4:14-16, 10:19-25.